The digital future of agriculture
Jurisdiction: South Australia
How might we use data and digital technology to make agriculture more sustainable, more ethical, and more efficient?
The agriculture sector has long embraced technology such as self-driving tractors and satellite imaging of farms.
There is an opportunity to use more data and technology to help solve some of the issues faced by farmers in Australia. For example:
• Rising costs of running a farm
• Market volatility
• Climate volatility
• Increasing consumer interest in where and how food is produced
• Global competition
• Pest, disease and weed damage
• Difficulty attracting labour to farms
• Natural disasters
• Difficulty accessing affordable finance
How can you use data and technology to solve one or more of the above (or other) challenges within the agricultural space?
Eligibility: Must use at least one open dataset.
Entry: Challenge entry is available to all teams in Australia.